This document contains the rules for making an application to Stichting Rotterdam. Of course, your request should be provided with your direct contact information (mail address and cell phone number).
Only complete applications submitted with the approval of Stichting Rotterdam Secretariat will be submitted to the Board.
Applications submitted by ordinary mail (on paper) will not be considered. Applications that in our opinion do not meet the general guidelines and criteria as described above will also not be considered and you will not receive a response to your application.
The board and secretariat may invite an organization to submit an application. An invitation to submit a complete application is in no way a (form of) commitment but only the road to an assessment and decision by the Board of Stichting Rotterdam.
Allocation policy and application processing procedure
Stichting Rotterdam is an incentive fund. It concentrates its support on diaconal activities carried out by a limited number of organizations and in a limited number of fields:
- International- and migrant churches
- Walk-in centres (and comparable initiatives)
- Diaconal work especially for refugees, (former) prisoners, homeless people and addicts, in large cities in the NetherlandsWalk-in centres and comparable initiatives
- Cultural activities (where culture is instrumental in social inclusion)
AND provides financial support only to:
- Performing, helping activities from the Protestant Christian identity*.
- If a national umbrella is present, it is preferable that any financial support for activities go through the umbrella entity**
- Only to foundations established in the Netherlands that perform activities in the Netherlands***
The following activities are explicitly excluded from financial support by Stichting Rotterdam:
- Investments in movable and immovable property such as purchase, restoration, remodeling or new construction
- Festivities such as symposia, congresses, conferences and the like, both participating in and organizing.
- Publications such as publication of books, construction of websites or production of films and the like
- Scientific research as well as other forms of research.
- Activities outside the Dutch borders and applications by organizations established abroad